Bournemouth beach chaos as major brawl breaks out injuring girl and two police officers

By Sam Elliott-Gibbs

Bournemouth beach chaos as major brawl breaks out injuring girl and two police officers

Police officers and two teenage girls have been injured in a beach brawl in Bournemouth as an investigation is launched.

Two arrests have been made after the fracas as the force appeal for information. They said in a statement that they have been given additional dispersal powers after its officers were injured on the popular seafront yesterday. It read: “Dorset Police received a report at 7.29pm on Monday 30 June 2025 of a disturbance involving a large group of people in the area of Pier Approach.

“Officers were at the scene and it was reported that a teenage girl had been injured during the incident. She was taken to hospital for treatment. It was further reported that as police responded to the incident, two officers were assaulted.

“Officers were able to disperse the main groups involved and will be remaining in the area to carry out reassurance patrols and to ensure the safety of members of the public. Following fast-paced enquiries, five people have been arrested on suspicion of affray and one has been arrested on suspicion of assault. These enquiries remain ongoing.”

Local Policing Commander Chief Superintendent Heather Dixey said: “We will not tolerate reported public disorder of this nature and violence towards officer carrying out their duty. We will be carrying out a full investigation to identify those involved and take robust action.

“I would urge anyone with information relating to those responsible, as well as anyone who has captured relevant footage, to please contact us. We have put in place a dispersal order covering the seafront area, as well as gardens and other locations in the town centre, giving officers additional powers to order anyone who they believe could pose a risk of causing public disorder to leave the vicinity.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting incident number 30:631. Alternatively, independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling Freephone 0800 555 111.”

It is the second major disturbance on the seafront this summer after 17-year-old was arrested on May 31 after a fight broke out. The boy was arrested by police on suspicion of affray and suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker. It was reported that he assaulted two officers.

This is a breaking news story. Follow us on Google News , Flipboard , Apple News , Twitter , Facebook or visit The Mirror homepage.

Read More…